Barr Property & Planning brings together land owners and developers who require a focussed approach on development assessments and approvals. To ensure that every requirement is addressed, BP&P works with a range of highly professional sub-consultants who bring their expertise to the practice. BP&P also works with your existing team or consultants who can share specific knowledge including;
- Assessment and Approval
- Economic and Social Impact
Barr Property & Planning specialises in combining strategic thinking with practical planning advice and development expertise.
The business has a diverse team, experienced and qualified in planning, social and economic impact and surveying; and has a clear understanding of all aspects of the approval procedure, including the cost and time involved to finalise projects.
Skilled guidance is assured - from a logical assessment process, to the facilitation of meetings with relevant government agencies, the submission of applications to government and importantly, the follow through to determination.
Supported by a culture of continuous improvement and progress, BP&P’s mission is to deliver quality and timely customer service along all stages of the planning and development process.
BP&P offers a broad range of assessment, planning and development services and is highly experienced in
infrastructure, industrial, education, affordable housing and aged care.
- Large infrastructure projects – train support facilities, wind farms, roads and power lines
- Subdivisions – residential, rural and industrial
- Residential buildings – units, town houses, affordable housing and over 55s
- Industrial – service stations, oil blending plants, industrial sheds, port related facilities
- Extractive industries and waste management – including quarries, crushing and recycling facilities
- Potential yield and approval paths for feasability assessments
- Desktop assessments - identifying risks and ways to manage them early in the process
- Environmental assessments
- Preparation of Development Applications
- Provide specific technical planning advice (Section 94 advice or VPA)
- Liaise with local government and other authorities to udnerstand and deliver your project
- Determine the best approval path and structure of your consent to meet your financial and budget time frames
Stephen Barr BSurv (Hons), MPlan, MBus
Director, Registered Surveyor, Certified Practicing Planner
With a strong background in surveying Stephen Barr understands the implications of crucial decisions made from the planning stage through to a project’s final delivery.
Stephen’s been involved in the development industry since 1992 and works closely with clients to manage:
- development yield and delivery time frames
- likely issues confronting developments and potential solutions
- gaining approvals for a wide range of developments
- post approval for land development and subdivision
Rebecca Johnston BTP (Hons), Cert IV Project Management, RPIA
Principal Planner - Planning
Kirsty Tepper BTP (Hons), Grad Cert ELG LAW, MEcRD, MPIA
Principal Planner - Social & Economic
Ian Power B. APP Sc. (Environmental Planning), DTCP
Emily Allen BDes (Arch), MURP, MPIA
Katrina Walker BSc/BEd, MPlan (Professional) Currently studying
Kenyon Greaves BUrbRegPlan (Hons)
Laura Robinson BDevS
Joanna Andrew Dip BM, Adv. Dip. Arts, AIMM
Janine Chandler DipTeach (Primary), DipProMgt, Cert II Graphics & Printing
A client focused business with constantly improving performace and people and through this provide subsidised services to organisations that make a positive social impact.
Barr Property & Planning supports organisations that seek to make
a positive social impact in the community.
BP&P endeavours to work with firms that specifically help those who are
disadvantaged or disabled. Such companies include those that provide people
with affordable housing, special assistance programs and employment opportunities.
BP&P offers discounted services to such firms through a pooled revenue project
and is committed to developing collaborative partnerships with clients to
help further improve social outcomes.
The pooled revenue is created through client partnerships and work that
span a wide variety of projects.